Announcement

Hi! This is my old blog that is no longer updated. Please visit my new website www.fourthfloorhomestead.com for new content and most of the content from this blog as well.

This old blog will be left up so as not to mess up people who have linked to recipes through Pinterest, Favorites etc.

Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Super Creamy Vegan Beer and Mozzarella Mac and Cheese

Super Creamy Vegan Beer and Mozzarella Mac and Cheese
I have made this recipe twice now and it keeps getting better. The amounts are estimates because I am still working on it and when I am developing my own recipes I don't usually measure. I will next time I make it. This is a recipe that doesn't need exactness so I am going to post it now anyway.

Ingredients

  • pasta (enough for 4 people)
  • 4 Tb oil
  • 5 Tb flour
  • 3/4 cup strong beer 
  • Water
  • 1/2 package mozzarella Daiya
  • Pinch red pepper flakes 
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1Tb nutritional yeast 
Directions 
  1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile heat oil in separate pot.
  2. Gradually stir in flour. Gradually stir in beer. 
  3. Add a bit of water and stir. Continue to add water and stir until you have a creamy white sauce.
  4. Stir in cheese, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and nutritional yeast.
  5. Mix finished pasta into the sauce and serve with a sprinkle of paprika. 
  6. Eat some awesome mac n' cheese.
*****UPDATE*****
A sprinkle of paprika adds a lot of flavour to the dish. You can substitute cheddar Daiya for the mozzarella for a beer and cheddar version. 


No comments:

Post a Comment